Are HVAC Maintenance Plans Worth It?
Your HVAC system is one of the most important systems in your home. It maintains healthy, breathable air and keeps you comfortable. That’s why it’s crucial to make sure your HVAC system is running properly. Your system could break down or lose efficiency over time if not kept up-to-date.
One of the best ways to ensure your unit is working correctly is through preventive HVAC maintenance. Some homeowners are skeptical of maintenance plans, but they are well worth the cost. Proper maintenance of your HVAC system will increase its lifespan, lower energy bills, and lessen the need for repairs later on. You’ll save money in the long run with preventive maintenance.
Polar Bear Jack’s Heating and Cooling specializes in HVAC maintenance in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso and surrounding areas. Our contractors will thoroughly inspect your HVAC system and make necessary repairs. Take a look at our customized preventive maintenance plans.
Custom Maintenance Plans
- Inspect and Clean the Filters: One of the most important services that our maintenance plan provides is cleaning and changing out the air filters. Dirty, clogged air filters will block normal airflow, release harmful contaminants into your home, and reduce your system’s overall efficiency. We will clean and replace them regularly to improve your air quality.
- Visual Inspection of System: When we inspect your HVAC system, we will check every working part of your unit to make sure everything is up-to-date. Our contractors will look at your system’s intricacies and note all the places that need a tune-up or repair.
- Clean Out Debris: Over time, dust and debris can collect within your system in the ducts, on the blowers, and on the coils – virtually anywhere. This debris can damage your system and cause corrosion to the internal systems if left untreated. We’ll clean out the debris before it causes harm.
- Check the Thermostat Calibration: These days, most HVAC systems have a programmable thermostat that lets homeowners change the temperature. Our technicians will check the thermostat to make sure it matches the actual temperature of your home. A variation in temperature could mean a problem with the thermostat’s performance and potentially even your entire system.
- Check the Condensate Drain: A clogged drain channel in your system will prevent proper humidity flow, causing moisture to build up. This buildup can cause huge problems if not handled correctly. Mold, bacteria growth, compromised air quality, and water damage are all a huge risk with high levels of humidity. We will flush out your condensate drain to remove any blockage.
- Check the Electrical Connections: Your HVAC system’s electrical connections can loosen or break over time. When we inspect your unit, our technicians will tighten the electrical components and make proper adjustments. We’ll even replace any damaged or frayed wires we find.
- Check the Fuel Lines: The fuel lines in your HVAC system are what supply your heating system. Leaking lines are a fire hazard and should be dealt with immediately. Disconnected fuel lines and soot buildup can decrease your system’s performance. When we inspect your unit, we’ll take a look at the fuel lines and gas pressure, then remove any clogs to make sure everything is running properly.
For more information on the importance of maintaining HVAC filters and coils, check out the Department of Energy.
Reliable HVAC Maintenance You Can Trust
When your HVAC system needs proper maintenance, you can trust Polar Bear Jacks, Tulsa’s top HVAC maintenance company, to get the job done right. Our customized preventive maintenance plans keep your HVAC system running smoothly for years to come. No matter what your HVAC system needs, including repairs and replacement, we’ve got you covered.